Gun Brookes Poesi/Poetry

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Goodbye

You dance on graves with every word
You speak such lies, they are absurd
And there's no limit to your hate
I can't see why you desecrate

The names of good people who
Are much better folks than you
Will ever know or hope to be
You're just a hateful busy-bee

Stay away from me, you fool
Since you're not playing by the rules
You can't be careless with my heart
And then try to play for a new start

You say so much is wrong with me
And that many would agree
But your lies ain't worth a damn
Many people love me as I am

So in the end you stand alone
A royal fool without a throne
I found my strength, I found my way
Without a single word of praise

It took a while to see the truth
Too many years, most of my youth
Saying goodbye's long overdue
The day has come - I'm over you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home